Wednesday 13 March 2013

Research Task 1

Research Task 1

These are the 4 options I have for my script that I am going to write. I think that I am going to choose to write an opening of a web series. This is because it seems like a really good way to get into script writing and also means that I don't need to write the whole story, like I would with the short film for tv or for educational value. Also, i would be able to actually produce this script myself and post it online at a later date if I wanted. The other options would have to be an encapsulating story, which would be much harder to write.



From this the purpose of the script is quite clear, in short, it must hook the viewer and entertain them enough to make them continue to watch the series online.

For my script I want to write about a time in the near future, so this would fit into the genre of sci-fi thriller. For this genre I researched into the BBC channels and found that BBC3 is most suitable channel to air a program of this genre. The channels statement also says that they (BBC3) 'offers an environment for new ideas', so taking all this into account this sounds like the perfect place for my screenplay to be aired.

I then looked for a suitable time slot to air my program. Firstly, I looked at similar programs and what time they where aired, and found that a majority where shown at 10pm. I then researched short films on BBC3 and Channel 4 and found that they are aired mostly at 7.55pm, instead of a commercial  break. However, this is before watershed which would mean I would have to be very careful about the content of my script. 


No comments:

Post a Comment