Tuesday 5 March 2013

How Does This Relate To Me?


How Does This Relate To Me?

All of the previous blog post relate directly to me when i submit my script to the BBC, given that it is chosen. When it comes to royalty payments, agreement with the BBC and the writers guild ensure that i would get paid correctly. If the BBC choose my script i will be paid a 10% fee. At this point the script still belongs to me. If the BBC chose to produce my script and turn it into a program, then it belongs to the BBC. The full terms for script submission to BBC 3 is here:



WRITE ABOUT GETTING AN AGENT

Also when writing my script i am going to make 100% sure that it is presented properly and formatted correctly, as mistakes in these place are what are mostly likely to get your script discarded. To do this i will use the software i mentioned earlier, Celtx. I am going to use this because it is free to download and does everything that i need it to, such as having the correct format set as default, as well as easy drop down menus which make laying the script out correctly that much easier.

When it comes to writing my script i'm going to make sure that i manage my time correctly, meaning i wont be in a rush to complete for a dead line. I am going to do this by making mini deadlines through out my writing time, for example a deadline for when i should have finished thinking of ideas or a one for which i should have a certain part of the story completed. I am also going to have a deadline which i should have finished the whole script, and then use the remaining time to make corrections and re-draft it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment